I’ve started this Resources page to help clients, peers, and well….anyone else interested in graphic design, technology, and social media. These are tools and services that I have found useful – I hope you find them useful too! Please note some of the links are affiliate links and I may receive a commission for a sale, but know that I have never received payment for a product/service review and I provide all links on this page because I believe they could be of value to you.
- Lynda.com: An unbelievably huge library offering 800+ online training videos of software and business topics. Play anytime & anywhere!
- iStockphoto.com: Affordable royalty-free stock photography, illustrations, footage, and flash files. Great photographs for your websites, blogs, and brochures. If you’ve never been to this site before, check it out.
- MyFonts.com: The world’s largest collection of typefaces at reasonable prices. And if you have a typeface but don’t know what the name of it is, check out the section called WhatTheFont.
Web Design | Blog Design
- WordPress: Are you looking to produce a website and be able to control the content yourself? Look no further and try WordPress. You’ll want to carefully consider the advantages between the two different WordPress solutions. You can choose a WordPress self-hosted solution or a site hosted at WordPress.com. Contact me and I’ll let you know the advantages/disadvantages of both.
- Web Hosting: I can’t say enough good things about Total Server Solutions (formerly Hands-on Web Hosting.) I’ve been with them for 11 years and their customer service is stellar. No, they don’t have a phone number but even on weekends and holidays, my questions are rapidly answered through the support ticket system.
- Google Analytics: Website statistics and traffic tool. It may not be the only one you use, nevertheless, it’s a must-have.
- Clicky: Another web analytics site that I like because of its easy-to-use interface.
- RoboForm: Are you still logging your passwords in manually? Are you using the same password for everything? Tsk, Tsk, that’s a no-no these days. There’s no need to do that now, check out this awesome program I use. I feel so organized using this!
- Chrome and Firefox Addons: Some of my favorite are Firebug, Web Developer, & ColorZilla. If you’re producing websites, these addons will make your job a lot easier!
- Back-up tool: No one wants the unthinkable to happen–losing your computer data. I really enjoy using the SyncBack tool to backup my computer files. The features are very robust and it makes backing up a snap while giving me peace of mind!
I hope you find these resources useful to help you learn, be organized, and increase productivity!